Friday, June 21, 2013

Short Takes

A few short thoughts:

- I've worked about two and a half months at my new job and I have say that while the transition has been going alright, there's one thing that drives me batty: the dress code.  Every day at work I see someone wear denim or now days a pair of shorts, which I really find off-putting.  It's perhaps myopic, but wearing denim doing office work to me states that you're not taking you're job seriously enough.  It's something that I just don't see myself doing anytime soon.  However, whenever I see VPs wearing polo shirts and jeans, I'm simply driven batty.




- My work has picked up a bit lately.   Business Intelligence reporting faces high demands at my work.  The one thing that I like about my work is that it drives change.  The think that I don't like about my work is sometimes that change affects employees quite negatively.  I recall at my last job certain analyses I would do would be a catalyst to cut hundreds of jobs that were sometimes on the pages of the local newspaper.  I get no joy out of being a catalyst for that sort of result.  But I have to see it as a means to a better end that's I'm striving to inform leadership regarding different areas of the company.  I still enjoy my time here though, I learning quite a bit and I can't say that's a bad thing.

- Finally, I have to say we've been having severe weather in the Twin Cities recently.  A photo to show how severe.


Our Fearless Leader during the storm

I went out visiting families in NE Minneapolis Saturday and saw a whole lot of tree carnage.









Pray for better weather and a prompt recovery.

3 comments:

  1. Yikes, looks like the weather WAS bad. Everything ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pleased to see Eric M was taking precautions to ensure his safety! Good Directors are hard to come by these days.
    There was some definite storm damage, but thankfully all our church families (to my knowledge) were unharmed.

    ReplyDelete