Thursday, July 26, 2012

Head Slapper of the Week

In the National Football League, practice (aka "training camp") is beginning.  Teams spend the first couple weeks of practice on a college campus eating and sleeping football.  However, these are pro athletes who tend to have much free time for other activities.  One of those activities is watching television.  Now I recall that college campuses usually have common areas were folks without televisions and/or cable could go and watch television.  


However, many folks, especially pro athletes, want to be able to choose their own channels and play DVDs with their own televisions.  One such player is DJ Moore, starting nickel back for the Chicago Bears.  Moore, figuring out that he forgot to bring a television for his three week "training camp" decided to use social media to address this situation.  So here's what he sent through his Twitter account:

"Is anyone willing to let me borrow there small tv for camp. Bourbonnais il"

I guess we should be relieved that multi-million dollar football players were able to get their needs met (hint: read the links for details).  Mr. Moore morale surely will be boosted.  Three Head Slaps 
Myspace CodesMyspace CodesMyspace Codes

P.S. I returned to Duluth today and saw my car tab renewal notice.  The hefty $215 fee makes me think I should be getting a second job to pay the bill.  Well, I guess the Golden Inn takes up plenty of my time already.

16 comments:

  1. Ask James his nickname at Carleton his sophomore (or was it freshman?) year due to his use of the common room.

    PS -- WHERE ARE THE FEMALE COMMENTERS????!!!! SHOW YOURSELF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want female commenters you should post pictures!! :P In MY own humble opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This seems like sage advice, Mr. Wong.

      Delete
    2. Pandering. Give them dry prose and tell them to like it.

      Delete
    3. I'd suggest more self-portraits. The first one can be your oil painting, and the rest contemplative mirror shots of you looking pensively off into the distance.

      Delete
    4. Would he then call that post, "50 Shades of Wong"? :-o

      Delete
    5. Any other females wish to chime in on this important topic?

      Delete
    6. I concur with James Magnuson. And to James Dickey, I would say, given he's the one begging for more female commenters, he's the one that better listen to his audience's loud demands.

      Delete
    7. http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m47lr9kOwu1rspz6yo1_250.gif

      Delete
  3. No doubt the office that billed you for the tabs charged a steeper price after it noticed which car you were driving...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you say a newer car, that would be correct.

      Delete
  4. What is a nickel backer? I'm rather football illiterate, though I've heard of half back and quarter back.
    -Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that a nickleback is an additional player, added on when the defense is expecting a passing play... I could very easily be mistaken however ;)

      Delete
  5. P.S. FYI, I have not been lurking on this blog up to now.

    ReplyDelete