Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Updated Musings

It's been a busy and interesting couple of weeks for me.  A few points:

- I'm about a month into my new position at Deluxe Corporation.  I'm still in the transition phase of learning about different processes of the business and learning what the leaders need.  It's a pretty casual environment here where folks generally work normal business hours to get things done.  A vastly different environment compared to Best Buy.

- I have kept in touch with my old colleagues at Best Buy and I have to say the more I hear from them the more I am appreciative of the Almighty's guidance in my career decision.  Let's just say that if I went back my area would look a bit different.

- With this new job I've been able to go up to Duluth to help my mother at the Golden Inn a couple times this month.  It's nice to help out, but even through April the city looked like this.


I do invite you to come to the Golden Inn this spring (it's this season, right?) and summer.


- I'm also glad that the Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra (SPCO) is going to be playing soon.  As an SPCO member, I wondered if I would ever see a concert this season.  But soon enough, I'll be hearing high quality music live and in person.  That's a good thing.


So that's it for now.  I'll surely figure out something more interesting later (like tax policy, ha) to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment