Thursday, September 5, 2013

The SPCO: The Preview

After last year's strike shortened season, I'm really looking forward to enjoying a full season of quality musical entertainment in from the Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra this season.  Tonight I went to Mears Park in Downtown Saint Paul to enjoy the SPCO play Beethoven 5th Symphony.  Here's some photos:



A view from my seat, wasn't too bad at all.


It's a good crowd on hand


A crowd that spread pretty far


A view from the front (courtesy of the SPCO)

As far as the concert went, while the acoustics were not great in the park, the performance was excellent.  It certainly deserved the standing ovation at it's conclusion.  I can't wait to hear it again (with company) this Saturday night.  


I'll just say, I'm gratified the SPCO is back in business.

No comments:

Post a Comment