Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Mellow Yellow Invades the Biltmore and Clemson

It's been a week already, but I guess I should provide recap of my trip to Asheville, NC to visit the Biltmore last Monday.  The Biltmore is a 8,000 estate which is centered around a Châteauesque-style mansion built by George Washington Vanderbilt II between 1889 and 1895 and is the largest privately owned house in the United States.


The mansion has 250 rooms, including 33 bedrooms for family and guests, 43 bathrooms, 65 fireplaces, three kitchens and 19th-century novelties such as electric elevators, forced-air heating, centrally controlled clocks, fire alarms, and a call-bell system.


The chess set in the library was from Napoleon.





I finished my trip off by heading to Clemson University, which is about 50 minutes south of Greenville, before heading to the airport.


Of course, Clemson is known for having a very good football team: national championship quality football team, in fact.


But Clemson is actually a university, a beautiful campus, in my myopic opinion.






In short, count the trip a success.  I perhaps will come again.  I certainly urge you to if you haven't been to South Carolina.

No comments:

Post a Comment