Thursday, June 15, 2017

This is News

The past couple months have been quite interesting to me.  A couple months ago I was alerted that the Penthouse unit in the building I live in was for sale.  So for about a month I negotiated with the seller in at times a hardball fashion.  I walked away from the negotiation 3 times, each time having been asked back with an offer closer to my original offer, which was notably lower than listing.  We got to a number that I thought was quite fair and had a tentative agreement.  I even signed a purchase agreement, but alas, the seller found a straight buyer. So no Penthouse living for me.

However, shortly afterwards, I was able to locate and quickly agree to a purchase of a different property down by the Mall of America, Fort Snelling and the airport.  

Here's a view from the front courtyard:


The living room:


The mini foyer:


The kitchen, with maple floors, cabinets and granite:


I plan to use this unit as a rental unit. So if you know someone interesting to moving closer to the MOA-Fort Snelling area, let me know.  I have a couple tenants in there now, but things can change.

In the end, I agree with what a well-known real estate man once said: "I do it to do it."

3 comments: