Saturday, April 14, 2012

Quick Personal Update

Here’s a quick update on what I’m up to these days.

My weight loss through Medifast has reached an extreme that I didn’t think could happen; I may have lost too much weight. Currently, I’m about 45 pounds lighter than I was around Christmas time. The Medifast counselors want me to keep building muscle and now are increasing my calorie content. So I’m concentrating on consuming more protein and fruit in my diet as well as exercising. I never thought I would be told to gain a little weight, but I guess I am.

My company, the Improve Group, has done quite well this year. So well, in fact, that employees have been told to take a day off in April before the company sees a serious amount of work and travel flowing in this summer. The MN DHS has awarded the 2nd round of reviews of Home and Community Based Waivers to the Improve Group. It is the largest revenue source for the company and I’ve been tapped to be the lead analyst for this project, which makes me feel strange since I’m also feeling around the job market. This past week I’ve received two calls from two separate employment possibilities. With my current ongoing discussions with Best Buy in limbo as the company continues to self-implode, I guess I should pay attention to these options.

Otherwise, all is quiet on the Downtown St. Paul front.

On the political front, it’s clear that Mitt Romney is going to be the GOP nominee. Congratulations to him for the work on this front. However, no matter how much Mitt tries to impersonate the President Reagan type presence on the campaign trail, that’s certainly not enough to convince me to vote for him at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment