Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Update on Personal Goals - Quarter 1

At the beginning of April, not only is the renewal of Easter upon us, but it also means that 2012 is already one-quarter finished. At the beginning of the year, I did set some goals for myself to accomplish during 2012:

· Improve my health both financially and physically.

· Make an employment transition post-MBA

So as a quick update at the one quarter point, here’s what’s been accomplished

· Thanks to Medifast, I’ve lost approximately 40 pounds. I feel better physically with more energy, less back pain and no double chin. I’ve reduced my body fat by over 40 percent over that timeframe. I’m eating and exercising differently these days to burn fat and maintain muscle. Hopefully the doctor will be pleased with my progress.

· Financially, I’ve through careful planning has been able to pay off all my student loans from MBA education, which was a great sum of cash. I’ve also refinanced my condo to take advantage of these insanely low interest rates and will proceed to try to reduce that debt aggressively as well.

· I’m continuing to search for new employment opportunities, but I’m not in a bad situation right now. I’ve got some contacts about possible opportunities and I’ve been informed recently that the company I’m working for did so well this past quarter that the CEO has told us that we should consider taking a day off this month. I hope to settle in on a conclusive situation relatively soon.

So I’ve made some progress on my personal goals. With the Almighty’s help, I’ll continue down the right path.

1 comment:

  1. I commend you on setting goals and then achieving them. Many could learn from your example. You are in a good situation.

    ReplyDelete