Saturday, January 26, 2013

A Hmm Moment and Head Slapper

This week at Best Buy I had "Winning Culture" training.  Yes, training to talk about how we create a more productive work environment.  During this training there some interesting moments, but one that stood out to me was a simple one.   One of the concepts brought up is to acknowledge what things we can control and address them and let "gravity" be what it is .  In fact, there was a short dialogue to explain this concept.

Trainer: "Do what you can with the things we can control in a situation, if it's outside of your  control, it is what it is.

For example, can we control gas prices?"

Group:  "No!"

Trainer:  "What can do about them though?"

Member of Group:  "Buy a Prius!!!"

I guess I either have found my place to be or I should just move out from the Groupthink mentality.


For this Week's Head Slapper, I found this "Supernatural" device.




Yikes!   3.5 Head Slaps

2 comments:

  1. Let's sign up Tubby Smith for said seminar...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You cant take anything with you... thats all I have to say

    ReplyDelete