Saturday, January 19, 2013

Update and an Ode to Rev. Lowery

I've been told that folks do not like reading long posts because I'm particularly boring when I talk about public policy issues and such.  Well, after the last election, I think I'll be taking a break from talking public policy on this blog for a few months.  Celebrate or suffer as you will by that statement.

I am currently in the midst of compiling documentation for filing my taxes.  This is particularly the most bureaucratic activity that I complete all year.  Documents trickle in over the first couple months of the year that I enter into my tax filing program, seeing how much I end up owing our government each year.  A painful experience that uses a whole lot of paper and apparently keeps the postal service busy.

I also had my annual medical checkup and I have to say things have really improved health wise over the past years.  All the critical numbers are moving towards the right direction.  Good cholesterol up, bad stuff down, blood sugar down, blood pressure down and weight way down (about 46 pounds lower than the checkup last year).  It's a work in progress.

I guess I have to say something political in this space regarding the video for this week.  As the President officially enters his second term after showing deft political skill against a weak opponent, I have to say I'm disappointed that the Rev. Joseph Lowery was not brought back to give the Benediction,  for this blog owes a lot to him. 

I have to say I have tried to be mellow.

1 comment: