Saturday, November 24, 2012

Head Slapper (of the month)

I know, I know.  It's been a long times since the last Head Slapper.  I've been so busy with work that Head Slappers haven't really come into focus.  So this past week I thought about possible winners, such as the attention Patrick Reusse gets for naming Turkeys of the Year and my Pastor at church singing Beatles tunes.   But I did find a winner:

"I've been to some bizarre spots in South Korea, from DMZ tunnels to a seaside park dedicated to male "parts,"  but a new theme park in Suwon is at the top of my must-see list: it celebrates toilets.

The Restroom Cultural Park is billed as the world's first toilet theme park. It's a monument to the colorful former mayor of Suwon, a man known as Mr. Toilet.

The late Sim Jae-duck was himself born in a toilet and had an affection for loos throughout his life, rigorously promoting public facilities while mayor.

Sim also founded the World Toilet Association and wrote a book entitled "Happy to Be With You, Toilet." He died of prostate cancer in 2009……"

Indeed folks, you can head to South Korea to go to a toilet museum.  I'll just leave you with this link and the following BBC News story (discretion is advised) (Three and a half head slaps).

5 comments:

  1. INAPPROPRIATE!!!!! or as Eric M says "UNAPPROPRIATE!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wong, I'm not surprised that you were privy to this story, or that you didn't can this john-ty post even if you thought the idea was something of a loo-ser. I'm also glad the post is currently en-throne-d on the top of your blog, as everyone should know that you take advantage of the commode-ious latrines when you're invited out(to the Magnuson)house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, South Korea just jumped up to second on my list of favorite Asian nations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, number 3, behind Japan and South Korea, and just in front of Tibet.

      Delete