Monday, November 19, 2012

Quick Update

I guess it's been awhile since I last posted in this space.  As you can guess, I've been insanely busy with work as Best Buy continues to be in the news, both locally and nationally, regarding the condition of the company.   I've worked multiple all nighters the past couple weeks as I've tried to keep up with different fire drills as they happen.  Gotta love that corporate life.

 Last week, CEO Hubert Joly provided his prognosis on how to revive the company's fortunes.  As I saw the PowerPoint deck he presented to stock analysts and the public at large, I kept thinking to myself that I have seen many of these slides already.  I guess having a cube within 75 feet of the President and CEO of the company could have something to do with that.  I don't know if that's a good or bad thing either.
 
Oh by the way, support this blogger and buy an item or two from Best Buy this Christmas shopping season :)

I also learned last weekend while I was in Duluth that my mother is going back to Hong Kong for a month.  It'll be a first time back there since my father passed away.  I'm glad that she'll be able to see her family for an extended period of time.  She asked me before she left if I wanted her to bring anything back.  I simply said no. 

I have been told that I should post pictures of individuals on this blog.  Well, as a single guy that doesn't get out much outside of Gopher sporting events and church I have to say I don't have many opportunities to take pictures of different individuals.  So I'm sorry about that.  However, I have to say that this being the first blog after an election that shows the milquetoast Presidential candidates present negative vibes for his party, I'll present my feeling how this election turned out through one picture.


2 comments:

  1. Perhaps this shows my ignorance, but who is the man in the picture? Karl Marx with a victory sign? That would be appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very impressed with your acumen, for that is correct!

    ReplyDelete