Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A Look at Memory Lane

As some of you recall,  I was a politically engaged student while I was at Carleton.  I was a leader of the Carleton Conservative Union as a student.  It's been 11 years since I've been a student on campus, but the memories are still there.  One of the joys I recall being involved in the CCU was participating in the  debate on ideas in bringing different speakers on campus such as Ward Connerly, Dinesh D'Souza, WIlliam F. Buckley as well as writing columns in The Carletonian newspaper.  Recently, due to some intrepid work of the Carleton archive staff, the following picture of the back cover of the alumni magazine, the Carleton Voice, was passed along to me from the Winter 2000 issue.  


Apparently the orange juice had an effect of my demeanor and dress.  Memories...

2 comments: