Thursday, May 9, 2013

A New Feature

As I journey back into providing opinions on public policy, I thought I would provide words of wisdom from a leader that I have a truly admire and respect, President Calvin Coolidge.  I have multiple books in my bookcase regarding America's 30th president.  However, I have had trouble sharing President Coolidge's wisdom clearly since my mom tells me that speaking English is a challenge of mine.  

But I have a solution, one of the books I have is the Quotable Calvin Coolidge.  So each week I'm just going to allow Slient Cal himself provide you some wisdom each week.  This should be quite interesting.

For the first entry, I will reference President Coolidge's Inaugural address upon his re-election on March 4, 1925.  Here, President Coolidge is speaking of America's aspiration.

America seeks no empire built on blood and forces...she cherishes no purpose save to merit the favor of Almighty God.

Is this still America's aspiration?

No comments:

Post a Comment