Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Straitgate Olympics!

Each summer Straitgate Church holds it's annual athletic extravaganza, the Straitgate Olympics.  Kids from the bus routes compete to win ribbons and medals in events such as the long jump, obstacle course, frisbee toss, etc.  I was charged to work the sound system and help out with the long dash (a medal event, for good reason).  I guess I should stop writing and post some visuals.


My view as a Long Dash as Mr. Stover gives instructions

Here they come!!

Frisbee Toss!

Tossing the Frisbee to a specific spot is harder than looks, folks!

Ball Toss!!


Hop by hop footage!!  (Don't mind the color commentary at the end)

The SG Olympics was great competition and fellowship.  A must attend!

How can I emphasize that?  Hmm...






5 comments:

  1. So glad you captured my entrance into the winners' circle! Too bad I didn't earn a medal. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the Strait Gate Church Olympics was, as always, a great success!
    I especially liked the pictures you posted, since I wasn't able to attend. :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like in the fireworks video at the beginning, when you can see the outline of the people in front of the fireworks. :) I like the pictures too. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just think that this post includes a shocking lack of coverage of the event of the games, the broad jump. Shameful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting pics! Gonna' watch the videos later...not able to watch them on my tablet for some reason.

    ReplyDelete