Thursday, July 4, 2013

Summer in the Parks! (plus a new poll)

Every summer at church folks journey together into city parks on the various bus routes in the city (the church runs a busing ministry where kids are picked up at home and driven to church) in an event called "Summer in the Parks."  It's a fun event and allows us to present the Gospel to kids in multiple parts of the inner city.  This past week we went out to Cleveland Park in NE Minneapolis.   The presentation was put on by Mr. Wagner and was quite good, with usage of 'fingersticks' to boot!



Mr. Wagner  applying the fingersticks that symbolize attachment to sin

Good crowd watches attentively 
We're waiting, Mr. Wagner :). 


Once finished applying the fingersticks, Mr. Wagner eloquently described how our bonds to the fingersticks, which are hard to detach from with our own strength, are analogous to our bonds to sin. Only through the help of the Almighty are able to break our bonds to sin.

After that demonstration, lots of folks wanted fingersticks.

But that wasn't the only entertainment/instruction for the evening.  Kids  were invited to a freeze pop eating contest.  I was asked to demonstrate to the kids.  Although I freeze pops are not part of my everyday diet, I agreed to do so.  However, the only thing that resulted from the demonstration was a blue tongue and a cold mouth. Oh well, it is what it is.

However, it didn't stop the kids from participating.  They did much better than I.

There were leftovers.  No I already had my fill.
We gave out candy and lemonade afterwards and met a few new kids.  It was great!

By the way, I'm thinking of changing my persona through posting this picture as my profile pic.  


What do you think?  Please vote!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I love the pictures, and you should totally change that to your profile picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you posting some pictures sir!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES!!! A summer in the parks post. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is note that if one suggest a blog post topic, I will consider it.

      Delete