Sunday, August 4, 2013

A Blue Trip

As previously stated, I traveled down to Indiana to view the Chelsea FC (aka the Blues) game against Inter Milan.  Here are a few photos from the trip!


On the trip down I stopped at an "Oasis" in Illinois.  Pretty much a glorified rest stop.  It was an interesting place to recharge though.


I was able to make it through Illinois without having to refuel (whew!) but had to refuel in Ashley, IN.  I think the town is wishing me a Happy Day!


I traveled from the Cities to Milwaukee (first day) and then to Fort Wayne, IN (2nd day), where my friend Josh took me to Indianapolis for the game.  Here's some banner from outside the Indy mall.


A view from my seat (it was announced around 42K at the game)


Here comes the teams!


Peter, I never knew!



The Blues won (of course) 2-0.  The game was free flowing with everything from end to end runs, long ball passes, red cards and here a penalty kick.  Sorry for the bad production.  Eden Hazard for Chelsea scored here.



The day after I stayed in Indy to do a little work remotely and then headed for the mall in Ft. Wayne.  Apparently the kids were out in force!


As a token for my appreciation, I gave Josh a gift that he chose to wear here.  I hear the other gift I provided went over better with the family.

All in all, it was a nice couple days.  Hopefully I'll be back soon.

1 comment: