Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Some Fair Time

This past Saturday and Monday I took some time to go to the State Fair.  I really enjoy the State Fair for it showcases the variety of talents throughout the state (for the most part), which includes the food.

Here's some moments:

On Saturday there was quite the mass of folks at the Fair.   As one walked down the streets, it seemed like a sea of humanity was coming at you to swallow you up.




While I like walking through the Fair to watch other folks, this year I was given a t-shirt from my employer to have folks watch me:



I saw some that stopped to read my shirt walking around the Fair.  Kudos to the marketing staff.

At the Fair, of course I like to eat.  However, when I lost my 45-50 pounds I lost my ability to eat large amounts of food at one time.  So I have to go to the Fair a couple times to find all the foods I like to have.  But I'm actually pretty simple in what I choose to eat at the Fair:

1) Roasted Corn
2) Mini - donuts (I'm addicted)
3) Pork Chop on a Stick
4)  Vescio's
5) Cheese Curds

That's really it.  What can I say, I'm a boring guy.

I generally walk around large sections of the Fair, particularly the Education building (I like getting free bags) and the Swine Barn:



At eh Swine Barn, I generally look for two things.  One is the state's largest boar



Which this year was 1,045 lbs!  A large pork chop.

I also look at the sow and piglets:





Looks like the scene of those looking to extract from our current welfare state in my myopic opinion.

All I have to say is three cheers for the Fair.  Hip Hip Hooray!!

No comments:

Post a Comment