Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Gopher Football

Thursday night will be a day I have been looking forward to for quite awhile.  Thursday night will be the the Opening Game for the Minnesota Golden Gophers football team at TCF Bank Stadium! 

I'm a season ticket holder and look forward to the season.  I think there will be "measurable progress" this season as the team continues to improve under Head Coach Jerry Kill.  I have to say Coach Kill reminds me a lot of my own high school football coach, the late great Proctor High School HOF Dave Hylla.  In fact, there's some resemblance.

 Here's Coach Hylla:


Now here's Coach Kill:


There philosophies are similar too: Tough, physical football that emphasizes maximizing limited talent by getting everyone to buy into the "team" concept.  I truly feel the excitement this season as I have seen slow, but noticeable improvement the last two seasons under Coach Kill.  Hopefully we'll see a big step this season!




So hopefully I'll see you at the Bank!  Go Gophers!

1 comment: