Monday, January 20, 2014

Short Musings of the Past Week: Milestones, Music and Fellowship

Some short takes from the week past...

- This past week I had two milestones.  One, I went to the dentist this past Wednesday and got my Invisalign attachments removed, which essentially means I'm done with wearing orthodontics all day.  I have to say although expensive, the maintenance program was much easier to comply with than braces.  Here's a look at the final result.

I say not bad.

- On Friday, I went to have my annual physical.  I don't just do it for my personal health, but my company provides an incentive to have an annual physical in providing points towards annual savings on health insurance premiums.  But that's beside the point.  The short story is that the doctor said that I was in excellent health.  He commented that my weight is "ideal."  Thinking that I'm about 50 pounds lighter than I was about two years ago, I thought I must have been quite ponderous before I decided to make certain lifestyle changes (Described here).  Here's some photos of the "old" me:






Of me in transition...


Of me today...



That figure looks mighty familiar...


-  This past Saturday evening, I hosted the 4th concert in the SG at the SPCO series.  The evening consisted of a pre-concert dinner at my condo, a walk down the St. Paul Skyway to the Ordway and the concert itself.  There were essentially three pieces in the concert: (1) Bach Orchestral Suite 2, (2) Stravinsky Suite from Pulcinella and (3) Mendelssohn's Italian Symphony.  Unlike the Messiah concert, I didn't assign anyone to take pictures and I didn't take any either, so I apologize.  I'll just tell you it was quite an enjoyable evening of above average entertainment and excellent fellowship.  I'm actually moved by how well these events have gone so far.  Success beyond expectation thus far.

Till next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment