Sunday, September 30, 2012

Short Takes

As you may know, work has kept me quite busy last week.  However, at Best Buy they occasionally bring guests around for different promotions.  Last week, Best Buy was promoting the expansion of it's Wellness Center facilities.  These facilities include a nap room, health assessment center (body fat, weight, blood pressure), a work/fitness center (i.e. workstation on a treadmill), etc.  As part of the grand opening, Best Buy brought in Minnesota Vikings outside linebacker Chad Greenway to take pictures with the employees.  So i dropped by for a quick chat and a picture.


The fitness center folks said that this was a great looking picture.  But I think it's just shows that both Mr. Greenway and I like to show off our dental work.

The only other news is that my supervisor comes back this week, so I may be down to helping replace some of the functions of two instead of three of my co-workers.

Other bits:

- Well, the Presidential debates are this week.  But frankly, I don't know if I've ever been so bored with a Presidential campaign.  I hear that we have two candidates, the President and Mitt Romney, that have distinctly different visions for the country.  However, while it's become quite clear what the President believes,  I don't know anything distinctive of what Mitt Romney beliefs.  I have not heard him distinctively talk about specific issues such as unemployment, the deficits, the Middle East, traditional values, etc. that would make him materially different than the President.  I have heard that he would "replace" Obamacare with "sensible reforms."  Well, if the man who signed government-run health care in Massachusetts talks about "sensible reforms," that sounds quite vague. So perhaps the debates will change the tenor of the campaign, but currently I've very bored with this election season.

- I went to my second wedding last weekend.  As I said, I don't go to many weddings, but I have to say it was once again a very nice occasion.  However, I don't see myself attending any other weddings anytime soon.  I guess this would be a good poll question though, hmm..

4 comments:

  1. Mr. Wong, you appear to be fishing for invitations to future weddings. Is this because you were impressed with: a, the free cuisine; or b, the beautiful bridesmaids? I'll hang up and listen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe those details you want will come in the following debates.

    Unless something drastic happens (I'm not hopeful) it's going to come down to Obama and Romney. Romney isn't perfect. Obama is even MORE NOT perfect. Choose wisely.

    ReplyDelete