Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Head Slapper of the Week

Note: This is a pop culture alert!!! Please considered yourself warned

As a Minnesota Golden Gopher football season ticket holder, I'm as enthused as anyone for the team's fast 4-0 start.  One thing that has been lacking for this team is student attendance at the games.  As a former student, I can see two reasons for this.  One, the team wasn't too entertaining to watch (the team is just showing some respectability after the failed Tim Brewster coaching era).  Two, the tickets are expensive for students.  Season tickets were 90 bucks a piece, a tough pill for a poor undergrad to pay to watch a subpar football team.  

Well, the team is trying to gin up enthusiasm by putting up a short dance video.  All I can say is when I saw this on my local news the first thought in my head was "NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!"


I think Max Shortell should stick staying in the pocket.  Three Head Slaps!!

2 comments:

  1. OK.... Not sure what to think here, except this commercial might have the opposite affect then what they were hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found Shortell's musical taste to be regrettable, but the easy grace with which he conducted his dance heartened me about his prospects for avoiding Michigan's passrushers.

    ReplyDelete