Wednesday, November 2, 2016

South Carolina... Memorable

This past weekend I was in South Carolina to visit friends and to get away from the office. It was a great weekend of relaxation, fun and fellowship.

I arrived in Greenville, South Carolina on Friday, picked up my rental car and drove to Camden, a town about 40 minutes outside Columbia.  I was visiting a good friend of mine and it was great fellowship of not just him but his dog also.  I guess my friend's dog felt quite relaxed around me.



On Saturday, my friend and I spent the day doing something many in the South enjoy, watch football.  We traveled down to Columbia to watch the Tennessee vs. South Carolina football game.  I'll just say the energy behind watching SEC football (division where both teams play) is much higher than anything I've experienced (outside of watching the Minnesota-Duluth Bulldogs win the National Title :) ).




On Sunday, I left one friend to meet a few others back in Greenville.  A very nice city which I really didn't see much of in this trip.  I went to church there and was able to take a walk in the park.


On my way back to the airport on Monday, I was able to spend a little time at Bob Jones University touring the Jerusalem Room, which is a local replica of the one in Westminster Abby in London.  In the Jerusalem Room, it's a small exhibit of the history of Bible, emphasis on the King James Version, which I read regularly.  It was well put together.


Great hosts, great weather and great places to go and see made this an A+ weekend.  My only regret is there are so many things I wasn't able to see.  I guess I'll have to come back.....



2 comments:

  1. Do you care to compare/contrast a trip to SC to see an SEC football game and one to CA to see a Pac 12 game?

    ReplyDelete