Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Few Random Thoughts

So a few random thoughts…..

- I have made the transition to a public blog.  Since I won't be talking about how my work at Best Buy is going and the readers have made it known to me that an open blog is desired, I have decided to give it a try for I fear nothing for saying what myopic observations I have and I a desire to make this blog as easy for you to read as possible.  If you have further comment, well, leave a comment.

- I have made the transition from the stabilization phase to the maintenance phase of my Medifast diet.  I've down about 45 pounds since I started the program.  Don't worry, I still eat good stuff, just not all the time or in the same portions.  But the weight loss is not so much an accomplishment for me as much as fulfilling a commitment.  As you recall at the beginning of the year I stated I made a commitment to health, both financial and physical.  My philosophy is when I make a commitment, I do whatever it takes to fulfill that commitment. Whether it's a goal such as obtaining an education, physical health, financial health, relationships, etc.   Not putting forth a full effort to fulfill a commitment is just something that I couldn't see myself doing in my myopic opinion.

- SCOTUS (i.e. Supreme Court) could be putting forward a decision on the Affordable Care Act (i.e. Obamacare) in the next few weeks.  I've previously provided commentary on the issue, but here are the odds I currently think the decision will go.  I may change my mind at any time.

50% Mandate struck down, rest of law stays
35% Obamacare is utterly struck down
15% Law stays as is and we're got to live with Obamacare.

1 comment:

  1. Wong says: "My philosophy is when I make a commitment, I do whatever it takes to fulfill that commitment[,] [w]hether it's a goal such as obtaining a[] relationship[]." Please keep us posted on your progress toward this exciting goal, sir! And don't let my father's adult Sunday School remarks dissuade you!

    ReplyDelete