Monday, June 4, 2012

Head Slapper of the Week

In what can be said as a strictly Orwellian move, NYC mayor Michael Bloomberg has proposed a ban on carbonated soda at restaurants, delis, movie theatres and sports arenas. So if the ban is codified, one can have a huge pastrami sandwich or multiple hot dogs from a local food truck, but not a 1 liter Diet Coke to wash it down.  Now as one who has largely given up carbonated soda as part of my 40 pound-plus weight loss, I advise you that drinking 1 liter Diet Cokes is not great for your figure.  However, I would not mandate that you do so.  Alas, Bloomberg continues to demonstrate his strong hand on NYC.  Perhaps we can call him the following:

It is what it is.  Three and a Half Head Slaps

1 comment:

  1. I personally do not drink soda, but I think that this is a little silly. Hows is restricting the beverage size going to help when in most restaurants you can refill your cup it as many times as you please?

    ReplyDelete