Thursday, August 16, 2012

It's a Small Circle and Odd Ends

I was reading the National Review recently and I found out about Paul Ryan's inner circle.  As I read, I saw a name of an individual that I'm familiar with from my past.  This man is a Carleton grad, economics major and was very gracious to me while I was out in for my ten months there.  He was my key to the West Wing.  He also receives this blog as well!!  It's a small, small circle we live in I say.

Who is it?  Well, I won't say here but I think many of you can figure it out.  Here's the link:

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/314247/paul-ryan-s-circle-robert-costa

Update:  I just recalled an interesting story that this individual told me during our first conversation.  He told me about his first week at Carleton when he just arrived from Bayfield, WI.  He found out that his roommate was from Chicago.  One day, he was coming back from a walk from downtown Northfield, MN when he met his roommate.  The first think this individual said was how cool it was to see a hardware store in town since he never saw one in Bayfield. The Chicago native, to say the least, was a bit perplexed.   Just demonstrates how life experiences can really differ.

Also, what's all these stories regarding Paul Ryan's relative appearance in regards to the opposite sex.  I was recently passed along this photo:

paul, ryan, shirtless, how, the, romney, vp, pick, became, a, ryan, gosling, viral, sensation,

Back to campaigning, please!!

3 comments:

  1. Perhaps there's a job in HHS for you in January, Mr. Wong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wong sure loves the '80's hip hop references.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When can I expect a signed copy of "The Wong Way"?

    ReplyDelete